Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Delta 720 KSLC to KSEA

I have decided to spend a little time with the 757 the past two days, trying to improve my departures as well as my descents into controlled airspace.  I have had plenty of insight from Boeing Buddy on the 757 platform and she still seems to be a tricky bird to fly (at least for me).  Today's flight, Delta 720, was flown with Delta Virtual (http://www.flydeltavirtual.com) and my main goal for today's flight: finish without crashing!  And no, not the jet.....FSX.  For whatever reason, my last two flights that I attempted with Delta ended with a program crash thus erasing any credit for the flight.  I have recently invested in FSUIPC (yeah, I know....it is about time!) which adds plenty of nice features to FSX.  The main one: saved flights!  So, in the event my program crashes I'll have the ability to reload the flight and continue on......

I'm happy to report this flight completed without issue and the flight traffic was light on VATSIM tonight.  Company traffic (a Boeing 737) landed on 34L prior to my departure and as the pilot was pulling to the gate, I pushed back, started, and taxied to 34L.  I departed via the TWF2 departure and the 757 truly is a rocket when commanded to climb.  In fact, I have busted a few speed restrictions trying to keep the girl at 250 knots under 10,000.  And, smartCARS (my virtual FAA) lets me know when that happens so thanks to the virtual "nanny," I really have to pay attention when flying.  I climbed to FL360 and cruised with a headwind which kept the ground speed at around 440 knots at cruise.  After a short cruise, I descended into KSEA via the CHINS1 arrival and lined up for 16C via the PAE transition.  Traffic was non-existent at KSEA so the arrival went well with no conflicts....Thanks for following along and enjoy the shots of the flight.





















No comments:

Post a Comment