Saturday, February 28, 2015

SAS4608 EGCC to ENGM

Not too much to say on this one.  A nice departure, albeit bumpy while climbing out from Manchester via the POL5R departure.  While at cruise, I checked the updated weather at Oslo, Norway and visibility was reported at 2 miles with clouds at 300 feet and light snow.  A Norwegian shuttle flight had departed from Oslo prior to my TOD and he confirmed the weather conditions at the airport.  I set up for the ILS 19L approach via the RIPA4M arrival and the descent was smooth.  While lining up for the final approach, the weather quickly deteriorated and it looked like the landing would be down to minimums.  Fortunately, the runway lights became visible as I broke through the cloud layers and I achieved a nice landing on 19L.......

Thanks for following along............and enjoy the shots.













No comments:

Post a Comment