Sunday, August 23, 2015

KMSP to KSEA

Nothing too exciting tonight but it was one of those flights that made me realize just how wonderful FSX can be.  Granted, this was after a day of frustration when for no reason, all of my flight control assignments were wiped, just before making a group flight into KPHL.  Anyway, this Nutter didn't make the flight for Philly overload but I was able to get things sorted.  FedEx Virtual Air Cargo held their SNO or Saturday Night Operations around KMSP so I decided to test out my settings for a flight into Seattle.  As luck would have it, Minneapolis Center went live after I cleared their airspace and Salt Lake Center went off line as I entered his airspace.  I didn't expect to have any ATC into Seattle but as luck would have it, Seattle Center came online and provided vectors for the ILS approach to 34L.  Traffic was fairly busy at KSEA for a late night flight and I made the approach via the GLASR9 arrival.  The descent was quite enjoyable overflying the high mountain ranges as the sun slowly set over the Pacific Ocean.  The PMDG 777-F behaved wonderfully and she certainly is a pleasure to fly, even if the VAS numbers and FPS can get a little low sometimes with complex scenery.  Until the next flight.....enjoy the shots captured during the descent. 














No comments:

Post a Comment